Ace pigeon challenge 2019
(5 Race series)
- Pigeons may be rung with officially recognized 2018 or 2019 rings.
- Intake 1 September 2018 to 20 February 2019
- No pigeons previously entered in any other competition at Carnival Lofts accepted.
- No pigeon will be accepted at the loft if the deposit of R500 per pigeon is not paid.
- Entry fee R500 per pigeon to be paid on entry of the pigeon/s at the loft. R400 per pigeon activation fee to be paid by 1 June 2019, any pigeon/s taking part in the normal CLRPC Club races can be entered into the Ace pigeon challenge at a cost of R900 per pigeon (R500 each paid the day of entering the CLRPC team and the R400 activation fee paid by 1 June 2019), the pigeon/s from a CLRPC Club team must be nominated on the day of entering the pigeon/s at the lofts.
- Cash deposits into our bank account must include an additional 2% to cover bank charges, and cheque deposits or cheque paid at the loft an extra R15 per transaction.
- No entry fees will be refunded.
- All the pigeons will receive the pre-season trainings, after the 170km training flight all remaining pigeon will be fitted with an electronic ring and all the remaining pigeons have to be activated by paying an activation fee of R400ea in order to take part in the Carnival ace pigeon challenge 2019.
- The ace pigeon will be determined by the combined distance flown on the 5 race and the pigeon with the shortest flying time over the combined distance of the 5 races will be the ace pigeon.
- After the 5 race series, the top 100 pigeons will be auctioned; breeder gets 50% of selling price. If a pigeon is sold for less than R501 all will be offset against costs with no kickback to the breeder. Entrants must supply a pedigree or some other form of information on strain/performances of the family of the pigeon in order to qualify for this kickback.
- Should there be a need to add/change anything relating to this competition during the racing season, we shall communicate details to fanciers by text messages on their mobile phones and/or email.
Prize money will be split between the 5 race series as well as the ace pigeon competition with more money towards the last race and the ace pigeon (top 25 ace pigeons wins money) than the actual race winners which could be a once off winner.
Table 1: Prize money is based on a minimum of 500 activated entries. (More than R350 000 in prize money to be won, 125 chances to win money)
|Race 1, 2, 3, 4||Dist. 350km – 550km|
|5th – 15th||R900 each|
|16th – 20th||R500 each|
|Final Race||620 km Final Race|
|11th – 25th||R1000 each|
ACE Pigeons Payouts:
|11th – 25th||R900 each|